Redaktør: Garrison Captain of the Guard

Besvar
Brugeravatar
Danish Garrison Executive Officer
Geografisk sted: Nibe, Farstrup

My Shock Trooper Clone Helmet

Indlæg af 73012 »

I wanted to share a little about my build of my Clone shock Trooper from Revenge of the Sith.

I'll be starting with my "Bucket" (Helmet), showing what I did from start to finish... Please keep in mind that I made this Costume about 4 years ago, so some things that I think I remember, might not be totally correct. heh heh

The bucket was made by O.S.C.S. One of the best makers if you ask me.

Anyways... Here are some photos of what it looked like when I got it home, but after I cut, sanded and painted it with Primer. (I'm very bad about taking proper "Work In Progress" photos).

Billede
Billede
Billede
Billede

I then proceeded to paint the layers of White Spray paint from my local Hardware store.

Billede

Now, I, in my lack of understanding, sprayed, I kid you not, 15 layers of white... Yes I did. The end result was beautiful, but it took 3 months to dry completely, really... So, Keep it to about 3 to 5 layers if I were you.

Billede
Billede
Billede
Billede
Billede
Billede

After it finally was dry, 3 months later, I was able to start to tape it off... And there was a lot of taping. Be patient with this process. Be sure to take, cover EVERYTHING that you don't want painted. I used 4 different types of Tapes. Regular Masking Tape, Car Blue Masking tap and plastic model 5mm and 10mm masking tape.

The Regular masking tape was used basically for all the large areas, where the Blue Tape was used for a little more finer areas on top of the Model Tape which I used for all the really fine detailed areas, switching from 5mm to 10mm. The Model tapes can bend and turn without the risk of it folding in on itself.

After taping it all off, I used a strait flat edge, to run around all the areas of the leading edge of the tape where the Paint would be sprayed on. Now, some people use Masking liquids or what not, I didn't know about them at the time and just did what I've always done. And it works just as well as the Masking liquid.

Remember to, before masking, SAND the entire helmet with wet/dry sand paper. Make it as smooth as possible, then wash it and let it dry.

Here are some more photos of the Masking process.

Billede
Billede
Billede
Billede
Billede
Billede
Billede
Billede
Billede

Here are the Raw end results after removing all the masking tape and news paper.

Billede
Billede
Billede
Billede

And a few close ups showing very little to almost no Bleed through from the Masking.

Billede
Billede

Then it was time for the weathering. again, at the time I didn't know of all the many different ways of making things look worn, used, scratched and so on. So I did what I have always done. Just make it look dirty using a few techniques I learned.

I used Dirty wash to get into all those nooks and crannies, giving it a used, dirty look. Now this stage is done in layers. You paint it on, wipe some off, paint it on and wipe some off and you keep going until you're happy with the end result. After that I used different types of Modelling weathering power rubs. There is no right or wrong way with this, it's basically a painting that you are painting. And most times, adding too much or messing up a little is actually what you want in this stage. I have a good handfulls of "oops, that's not what I wanted", but then realized, "hhmmm That actually looks better than I was thinking". So... Mistakes are almost always Happy Mistakes.

Here's my stuff I use to weather and photos of the weathering process.

Billede
Billede
Billede
Billede
Billede

After you're done and happy with it all, remember to paint a few laying of a clear coat to seal it all in.

Brugeravatar
Danish Garrison Trooper
Danish Garrison Trooper
Geografisk sted: Esbjerg V
Kontakt:

Re: My Shock Trooper Clone Helmet

Indlæg af 17126 »

Awsome
Your sword please we dont want to make a mess in front of the Chancellor :lol:

Brugeravatar
Lienna
Danish Garrison Supporter
Danish Garrison Supporter
Geografisk sted: Måløv
Kontakt:

Indlæg af Lienna »

Det er simpelthen brilliant!

Brugeravatar
Danish Garrison Trooper
Danish Garrison Trooper

Indlæg af 41987 »

Ved det er genialt, men dine billeder virker ikke ;D
"We're all going to die sometime, so you might as well die pushing the odds for something that matters."

Brugeravatar

Re: RE: Re: My Shock Trooper Clone Helmet

Indlæg af 73012 »

41987 skrev:Ved det er genialt, men dine billeder virker ikke ;D
Yeah. Jeg skal gå dem alle igennem. Tro jeg slettet dem på min server vel uheld lol

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Brugeravatar

Indlæg af 73012 »

OK... I fixed my post with updated photo file locations.

Brugeravatar
RC2074
Danish Garrison Trooper
Danish Garrison Trooper

Indlæg af RC2074 »

heller sent end aldrig.. men wow! Ser absolut sublim ud vode :-)
Clones rule!
Delta Three-Eight "Boss": [sees a lightsabre] An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!

Besvar